Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Scientist and Risk manager – Commercial Product Engineering
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a Staff Scientist and Risk Manager – Commercial Product Engineering, you
will be responsible for:
- Investigation of potential product performance issues with Hematology analyzers and consumables – including reagents, quality control materials, calibrator, and instrument calibrations.
- Design and execute studies for troubleshooting, issue investigation and mitigations.
- Risk management activities for the Hematology line of Products.
- Lead and coordinate production and post-production risk reviews with other functional groups and document actions to address new or changing risks. Provide updates to the Hematology Product Health Team.
- Participate in a wide variety of technical and cross-functional activities related to complaint handling and investigation of Hematology products.
- Must be proficient in laboratory methodologies, especially for Hematology, including handling of blood samples.
- Must be proficient in running and troubleshooting hematology analyzers and products.
- Must possess critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Anticipate potential problems that may impact system performance and proactively prevent instrument downtime.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written documents and oral presentations to a wide audience.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to ensure full understanding of system / analyzer functionality and performance.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You should be self-driven and able to work in fast-paced environments with minimal supervision.
- You should have broad chemistry/biochemistry/hematology/ hematology instrumentation knowledge.
- You should understand the measurement principles and functioning of hematology analyzers.
- You should have knowledge of Risk management policies and regulations for medical devices.
- You should have appreciation for the FDA regulated medical device industry.
- You should have work experience as part of large integrated, cross-functional teams.
- You should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You should have a learning mindset with clear and independent thinking.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Preferred qualification: M.S. in biological sciences with minimum of 3+ years of relevant industry experience in the medical device industry or B.S. in biological sciences with minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with development and commercial product support for Hematology instruments, reagents and quality controls.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.