This is a production supervisor position who will be a key member of the Mishawaka, IN manufacturing team supervising Cardiac cartridge reagent assembly. The successful candidate must be able to lead teams to consensus, drive action items, hold team members accountable, prioritize work based upon need and resources available, and communicate actions effectively across the Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive an aligned organization to maintain a strong manufacturing team with a healthy and effective employee relations climate.
- Ensure a strong sense of urgency and accountability within the manufacturing operations.
- Implement defined policies and guidelines, and define and ensure implementation of processes, procedures, methods and/or tools incorporating our Business Principles and the Healthineers Performance System.
- Ensure adherence at any time to relevant internal and local EHS-standards.
- Manage and develop all the respective workflow processes to ensure all production targets (Quality, Quantity, and Delivery on time) are achieved.
- Ensure availability of working instructions, rules, and guidelines for the production lines are assigned.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of production plans.
- Evaluate and contribute to implementation of maintenance programs.
- Oversee assigned technologically demanding and complex processes in an automated production environment, which do need a specialized, experienced and well vocationally trained work force.
- Provide tactical supervision of the Cardiac reagent assembly line.
- Achieve optimum productivity and quality of products.
- Ensure staff compliance to all FDA, Federal, State and OSHA requirements.
- Ensure staff compliance to all internal quality and operational processes.
- Responsible for training, development and performance management of shift personnel.
- Responsible for supervising approximately 10 direct labor staff.
- Responsible for providing daily instruction and issue resolution/escalation on manufacturing floor.
- Monitor high volume production lines and identify opportunities for improvement, determination of root cause and solution implementation.
- Participate and/or lead manufacturing projects linked to FDA readiness, project transfers into manufacturing from R&D and other projects as assigned.
- Represent Manufacturing at a variety of functional meetings/events (Quality review boards, CAPA, etc.)
- Apply production metrics to monitor and execute continuous improvement.
Miscellaneous Operational Responsibilities
- Work to optimize use of resources in a continuous operations environment.
- Promote learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning.
- Stimulate innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives.
- Dynamic environment with cross-functional interdependence
- Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and team management skills, driven to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Inspire trust
- Understands the demands of a manufacturing environment and its needed support
Skills and Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role supporting complex assembly or reagent manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of lean tools and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience and familiarity with MRP systems including previous experience looking up status of work and material; experience with SAP preferred
- Previous experience working in a matrix organization including partnering with other functions (i.e. Engineering, Quality, Logistics) in a manufacturing environment to achieve optimal results
- Ability to effectively communicate and escalate concerns and challenges as they arise
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Corporate regulatory policies
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.