We're enhancing the way we live and work by intelligently connecting energy systems, buildings and industries!!
Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
We are looking for someone to head the Energy Automation Sales to Transmission and Distribution Utilities, Thermal and Renewable Generation, Industry and Infrastructure verticals within the Digital Grids business.
The Head of Sales for Energy Automation business is responsible for the overall direction and management of Protection and Automation product, system and service business by owning the team to ensure growth, profitability and customer happiness in existing and new market segments via effective portfolio positioning and business development.
This role will require a deep understanding of our business, market trends, customers' needs and a passion to drive growth and performance.
We need to take advantage of all the outstanding opportunities in front of us and deliver the highest-quality experience to existing and new customer segments. We are looking for a driven and ambitious leader who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey.Position Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of key market segments – Transmission and distribution utilities, thermal and renewable generation, industry and infrastructure verticals – including segment drivers, market potential, buying behavior, partners, channel map etc.
- Support the identification of key customers per segment, drive and supervise key market development programs to support business growth and business unit's overall growth strategy
- Build new business opportunities and address white spots to secure DG’s presence in these markets
- Strive to improve market share by building strong rapport with customers
- Have excellent communication skills and develop a network of trust and collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders involving Sales, Product Management, HQ and ICB partners
- Deliver the committed annual budget on KPIs of Order Value, Strike rate and market share
- Lead discussions with HQ in Germany for product topics, special prices and forecasting
- Demonstrate headquarter and regional technical resources to drive specifications to ensure success in key & strategic opportunities
- Have full clarity on competitor actions and behavior and take vital proactive measures to stay ahead of competition
- Act as a mentor to team to encourage, motivate and lead them through the entire acquisition cycle
- Drive growth and efficiency measures within the sales team to improve efficiency
- Support Execution and Service team in resolving issues/conflicts with customers meeting customer expectations
- Provide thought leadership in the form of strategic inputs, advisory recommendations to Sales and BU management
You need to make real what matters
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Electronics engineering is required. A MBA from a reputed institute would be an added advantage.Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- 15 + years of experience in Energy Automation business, Good understanding of T&D, Industry & Infrastructure market segments
- 5 + years of direct management responsibilities including leading large teams
- Good knowledge and experience in control, protection and automation products is must
- History of achieving perfection in previous roles
- Proven perfection in customer focus
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to develop new markets and drive the sales organization towards a common outcome
- Excellent presentation skills - able to articulate business themes concisely and clearly
- Ability to lead a team through change management
- Must be able to travel 25 to 35% of time
This role is based in Gurgoan, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.Make your mark in our exciting world of Siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Smart Infrastructure at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/topic-areas/smart-infrastructure.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time