Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and
environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for
millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the
increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail
automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
The Engineer reports to the Testing and Commissioning Manager he is assigned to and is responsible for
- To perform and execute the test and commissioning tasks according to the test plan and test procedures.
- Record faults and report any defects or deviations from the specification.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding of electronic equipment faults, wiring error and crimping error, etc.
- Test and commission according to the test plan and test procedures, record the test results, analyse the
test results, analyse the test log, summarize this on the test report, descript any test problems,
communicate with the system engineer and close the list of outstanding issues and logs
- Fault find electronic systems and report back results and any systemic issues
- Interfacing with other parts of the Siemens Mobility organization to try to improve the design and tools as
much as possible to keep the overall system efficient and economical to deliver.
- Identify and report any defects or variations from the specification
- Report completion of the testing activities in line with the procedure.
- Ensure that "Best Practice" is adopted and that quality of workmanship is always maintained to the
highest possible standards.
- Liaise with the Manager on all site related activities.
- To provide weekly and ad-hoc progress reports to the Manager
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate Testing and Commissioning methodology
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business
conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering
- Diploma/Degree in other related disciples will be considered
- Experience in software and electronic tools, and prior railway experience is preferred.
- Hand-on experience on tools (screwdriver, solder, crimping tools, etc.)
- Experience in railway signalling experience will be an added advantage.
- Possess a Track Circuits System principles and testing systems is an added advantage
- Fast learner
- Good problem solving skill and analytical thinking
- Railway signaling experience is desirable.
- Willingly to work at Night/Engineering (when the railway shut down for maintenance work) Hours.
- Team player who is analytical, highly motivated and independent with excellent team spirit and
- Experience in the construction of MRT projects will be an advantage.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time