- Ensure and continuously improve quality of suppliers and their deliveries.
- Support and drive cross-functional cooperation with Procurement, Quality Management, Manufacturing and Logistics, R&D or/and Project Management (PM).
- Ensure compliance of SQM with applicable regulatory and quality requirements.
- Plans, implements supply risk assessments and follows up the supplier audit program and supplier preassessments.
- Ensures and controls implementation of prevention oriented SQM related methods and risk management in supplier related processes, projects and products (8D, RCA, APQP, FMEA).
- Provides technology support for materials or products and elaborates testing specifications.
- Evaluates and reports on supplier performance and supports definitions of effective measures.
- Participates in quality meetings with suppliers.
- Applies preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific Quality requirements, specifications and concepts based on supplier categorization.
- Qualifies and approves suppliers, in cooperation with purchasing.
- Coordinates product/service qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements/specification (Ready to order). Collaborates in the creation of technical specifications.
- Creates and negotiates Quality Assurance agreements and monitors implementation in supplier processes.
- Plans and executes Supplier Audits including follow-up of audit measures.
- Drives supplier performance and continuous improvement and collaborates in supplier development programs.
- Implements complaints managements to detect and analyze non-conformances and communicates with supplier. Supports sustainable problem solving.
- Supports standardization supplier qualification process according to corporate guidelines ( ready for business).
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, electronic or Electrotechnical Engineering or similiar (e.g Electrical and Computer engineering)
- At least 3 years of experience in similiar roles.
- Experience on using engineering techniques and continuous improvement methodologies: FMEA; 8Dreport; APQP/Control Plan; PPAP; PDCA, Poka Yoke ; 6Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- English fluency written and spoken
- Enjoys working on a team; Determined and persistent; Capable of promptly decision making.
- Has worked in the automotive industry or in the components industry for the automotive industry ( would be considered a plus).
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time