We are seeking a dynamic, full-time Research Scientist with deep knowledge and interest in semantic technologies, knowledge graph, their extensions and industrial applications! We are looking for a flexible addition to join our Smart Machine Vision and Visualization team. Our research group is working with Siemens businesses from the early phase of finding opportunities through designing solutions and implementing prototypes!
The right person will possess extensive knowledge and experience in semantic technologies (ontologies, rules, standards, interoperability, validation), semantic web services, and knowledge representation and reasoning formalisms (OWL/RDFS). They will also have proficiencies in knowledge graphs and machine learning algorithms based on knowledge graphs. Knowing how to transfer semantic methods and provide working solutions for scientific or industrial applications is also part of the role responsibilities, as well as building analytics applications on top of the semantic foundation. This outstanding opportunity also provides opportunities to publish scientific papers, generate intellectual property and apply for grants.
- Apply knowledge representation and semantic reasoning to real-world industrial problems.
- Contribute to the implementation of research projects and develop semantic models/applications to be executed on various types of systems.
- Collaborate with Siemens business units to understand their problem requirements, build and deliver solutions to such problems.
- Support the acquisition of funds from Siemens business units as well as from public agencies.
- Maintain and enlarge network with US research institutes and start-ups for acquiring joint projects.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Presentation and communication of project results and ideas to internal and external project partners or at conferences.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience (including Ph.D. study) in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities.
- Tried expertise with ontology development and deployment in OWL/RDFS with technologies such as SPARQL, SPIN, and RESTful Semantic Web Services.
- Practical experience with Web Service Technologies, Semantic Web, Semantic Sensor Networks, Semantic Search and Reasoning
- Proven expertise with graph and/or triple stores: population, operations, and application integration.
- Hands-on experience with graph analytics (e.g., graph neural networks, embeddings), graph querying (e.g., SPARQL, Cypher, Gremlin), and graph databases (e.g., Virtuoso, Neo4j, Neptune).
- Expertise in developing and deploying semantic applications in real-world contexts.
- Experience in deep learning, data mining and data analytics. Application experience of world/domain knowledge in these areas is a plus. Development experience in deep learning-based models in frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Proven track record to generate and develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and implementation of working system prototypes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a diverse and dynamic team.
- Mix of technical curiosity and feel for business relevance.
- Experience building recommendation engines and other analytics applications using AI, Machine Learning
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) from various data sources (relational, non-relational, log, text, and etc)
- Experience with standards such as FSGIM, BIM, CIM, EDDL, OPC UA, ISA 88, ISA 95, etc.
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our research powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in the Siemens Innovation Ecosystem, partnering with our businesses on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, eager to learn, and not afraid to fail. Employees at Siemens Technology are empowered to own their growth and development. With over 30 countries represented across our workforce in the US, diversity of thought and experiences are key to our success.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.