Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Automation and Controls System Engineering Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Automation
and Controls System Engineering Intern,
you will be responsible for:
- Supporting our manufacturing network migration project by working within the team to transfer equipment from one network to another in a validated environment.
- Supporting the TrakSYS Process Monitoring project to upgrade the current application into the current, web-based platform.
- Developing your technical writing skills by creating technical documentation such as validation documentation.
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is
below, and would like
to develop your career with Healthineers
- You have a working knowledge of Industrial Control Systems
- You have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and electro-mechanical equipment such as motors, photo-electric sensors, etc.
- You have a working knowledge of SQL Database and SQL Reporting solutions
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You have very good organization skills as multiple assignments will be progressed in parallel within a fast-paced environment.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- You are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (rising junior or senior) majoring in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Course work in programming (C,C++, C#, HTML, Java, SQL)
- Developing programs in any object-oriented computer language
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Must have minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be available to work full-time (up to 40 hours/week) during summer 2021
- Must feel comfortable going onsite into office and follow site COVID-19 protocol.
Start date: May/June 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.