Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!) and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone — from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
What is this opportunity?
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build the infrastructure that runs our next generation of our Comfy app. Having successfully deployed the first generation of our app--which provided end users with an intuitive way to control the temperature within their building, learning their preferences in the process--we are now well into the next generation, which extends into a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases (including room booking, access control, wayfinding, and visitor management). We are also expanding into new regions to support our growing customer base.
As the complexity and scale of our app grows, we need experienced DevOps engineers to help us maintain and automate our day-to-day operations. We also need someone who understands and has experience in maintaining enterprise level application security compliance.
We're at the cutting-edge intersection of IoT and mobile apps, which means a lot of never-before-solved challenges around statefulness; cross-system synchronization; and redundancy. You'll be part of the brain-trust that our engineering and product leadership will rely on to advise us on what's possible, what's sensible, and what's simple. In order to do that, you'll need to have technical depth; systems thinking; and communication skills to evaluate trade-offs around performance, cost, reliability, and scale. This is the ideal role for someone who's ready to move their career to the next level in terms of technical influence and scope of impact.
What will you need to succeed?
- First and foremost, you have experience managing environments with modern cloud infrastructure. You take pride in making sure these environments are reliable and available.
- You hate to do things manually more than once. Therefore, you look for every opportunity to automate things; use of infrastructure as code and configuration management are second nature to you.
- You are hands-on and you are intellectually curious. You learn by doing. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to debug and write code.
- You are a strong communicator, and you value well articulated solutions by creating diagrams and well written documentations. You also understand that sometimes stakeholders and customers will look for your guidance and you’re not afraid to engage them when the situation calls for it.
- Agile development is second nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retros; you'll have a chance to provide input to improve our processes.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Possess 5+ years of experience in a DevOps-like position.
- Expertise in containers and container orchestration technologies. (Kubernetes).
- Expertise in cloud services and infrastructure provisioning. (AWS, Azure, Terraform).
- Expertise in Linux operating systems fundamentals and operations.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in configuring and securing databases such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Experience in observability technologies to provide application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Experience in basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer, and firewall configurations.
- Experience in automating a secure development life cycle (SDLC).
- You have a basic knowledge of software development fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
Bonus Points For:
- Hold an advanced degree in Computer Science or have equivalent experience.
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations.
- Experience operating enterprise SaaS products.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes | AWS | Azure | Docker | Helm | Datadog | Grafana | Gitlab CI/CD | Python & Django | Shell Scripting | Terraform | Postgres | Cassandra | Kafka |Redis
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.