Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Canada Ltd. Is requiring a Lead Journeymen to help support and dive our growth initiative within our Mechanical Services located in the Edmonton branch.
What will you do?
- Require a lead journeymen HVAC / Refrigeration mechanic who would be responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to a variety of HVAC equipment, including: DX Units – Splits Systems / Rooftop Units / Mini Splits / Water Source Heat Pumps, Cooling Towers, Intake and Exhaust Fans, Boilers, Chillers, Pumps and Electric Motors and Starters
- Works independently on all assigned HVAC equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC System.
- Installing and retrofitting HVAC Systems as required.
- Perform maintenance tasks as required.
- Arranges for assistance from others such as mechanics and electricians as required.
- Advises supervisor when materials and repairs are required.
- Completes reports and maintains inspection records as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drive recommendations and solutions for our customers.
- Provide costing and quotations for recommendations.
- Lead the current mechanical team in Edmonton.
What you will need to succeed?
- Must have an excellent understanding of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Able to work alone with minimum supervision and within a team.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- The ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- An awareness of health and safety.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the air conditioning trade.
- Must be able to handle refrigerants, solvents, chemicals and materials safely.
- Must be able to climb extension ladders and not be afraid of heights.
- Participate on an on-call rotation supporting our customer service base.
- Applicant will follow Local Union 488.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.