- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboard etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Respond to issues submitted by customers and validated by Customer Service within the timeframe indicated
- Coordinate a resolution plan that is agreed to by the related parties
- Deliver presentations to relevant audiences to inform them of upcoming plans or deployments and ensure their alignment and readiness to support business needs
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- AWS architecting and scripting experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, engineering or related field
- 3-5 years work experience required
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. Microsoft Certified IT Professional, AWS Certification)
- Database experience a plus, specifically: Microsoft SQL, Oracle, NoSQL database systems
- Experience with scripting languages a plus, specifically: PowerShell, Python, Pearl, Ruby
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.