The job title is “Engineering Project Manager” responsible for the design and engineering of Locomotives projects reporting to the Senior Manager of Locomotive Engineering who owns the complete life cycle of all Locomotive Engineering proposals and projects. The main objective of this role is to engineer a customized version of the Locomotives capitalizing on the platform design with the integration of the required customer requirements.
- You will set up and lead a team of engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
- You will specify the requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
- You will be the owner of the Systems Integration of the complete product including the respective customer requirements, compilation of the BOM’s and Technical Specifications.
- You will also be the technical representative and lead in customer design reviews.
- You will be responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met.
- You will prepare assigned engineering estimates for customer change orders during project execution.
- You will be responsible to manage the budgets and report on deliverable and financial status once per month.
- You will support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
- You will support technical bids and very often take the lead on specific bids defining the vehicle baseline and compiling the complete technical proposal. You will identify risks and non-compliances and work with the organization and the customer to mitigate the risks.
- You will support the complete manufacturing cycle of the products and lead the production engineering efforts to ensure that all ECN’s are created and released into the system for the ‘as-built’ condition.
- You will support the FAI’s, testing and commissioning of the projects you lead.
- Since some of the engineering comes out of Europe, you will be responsible to create SOW documents for the bid/project and during execution you will report on their respective task deliverables. You will be the single point of contact for the respective project with your European colleagues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following knowledge/skills and experience is required to be considered for this position:
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Rolling Stock experience, a minimum of 8 to 10 years; preferable in Locomotive Design.
- Work experience of ten years as a minimum.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.