Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous Building Automation projects of various complexities while providing oversight to the oversight to the Honolulu project specialists. The Project Manager/supervisor has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction for the projects completed at the Honolulu sales office.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and ensure projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates
- Accountable for the profit and loss of projects assigned to the operations team.
- Serve as a local a Leader and customer representative for the operations team
- Coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Review project specifications, drawings and project-specific documents to establish project intent.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the System Specialist team; set goals, monitor performance, conduct employee review meetings, and schedule formal training.
- Guide and support the team on planning and managing construction projects through completion.
- Maintain and improve planned and booked margins for technical support programs.
- Direct and supervise the development and use of project plans in monitoring and controlling the execution of work.
- Review customer feedback and ensure customer retention and account growth goals such as adds, extras, upgrades, and escalations are achieved.
- Maintain the relationships between sales, engineering, and executions teams so changes and discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating and execution phases of projects.
- Support project profitability through cost-containment procedures and processes.
- Travel between branch locations as needed.
- Track resources and project progress.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities.
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation.
- Experience managing project delivery teams
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 15%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with cloud-based collaboration software such as Bluebeam, Dropbox, or OneDrive
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience supervising and managing technical trades teams required; 3+ years preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering or project management preferred
- Responsible Managing Employee (RME) credentials for Hawaii General Contractor’s Class B License preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP credential) preferred
- Familiarity or experience with commercial HVAC or Building Automation systems preferred
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.