Our mission at Siemens Mobility
We develop modern rolling stock in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing sub-systems and cross-sectional characteristics. We create innovative products in the urban- and rail-transport area. We can manage global projects on our own and to implement an entire vehicle project, from the definition of requirements through the development of SW/HW and mechanics to cross-sectional topics.
What is our impact?
In the Train Control group, we give life to our vehicles by planning control functions in SW and HW. We thoroughly develop individual vehicle functions, to the satisfaction of our customers. We strive for our rolling stock to achieve a high degree of safety and reliability. We are interested in every aspect of operation so that the vehicles work excellently as a whole. We look for solutions for achieving the lowest energy demands by combining various approaches to energy management on board of the train.
What does your future team look like?
We work in smaller “project” groups; most of us are rolling stock enthusiasts. ? We like to finish assigned tasks completely. We do not say no to quality coffee or well-chilled beverages. From time to time, we go to see our colleagues in Austria and Germany. We are not just colleagues; we are a group of friends who like to meet even after working hours. And even though every day is not a regular treat, we love getting up for work!
If you want to focus on creating electrical designs for rolling stock systems, such as new units for the London Underground, regional trains with hybrid and conventional drive, or high-speed trains for Germany, Turkey or Russia, or optimising SW for suburban trains in the exotic city of Mumbai, you are exactly the person we are looking for.
What does a CS developer focus on in our company?
- System analysis and actual design over the entire development cycle, starting in the early stages
- Design of dynamic systems and their architecture, including programming functions for vehicle sub-systems
- Testing these sub-systems and integrating them into a superior vehicle control system
- Module testing and close collaboration with other colleagues from electrical integration are an integral part of our work as well
What do you need to become a control systems SW developer?
- Tertiary education in electrical engineering, cybernetics and the like
- Good knowledge of the programming structure (environment similar to C)
- Experience in designing control systems
- English or German for everyday communication
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague / in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží.
Send us your curriculum vitae, stop by for coffee and discover the secrets of transporting the future with us! :-)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time