What do we do at Siemens Mobility Engineering?
We have about 350 colleagues in the Czech Republic. Together we develop innovative products for the rolling stock. In addition, we work on global projects, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
If sustainable transport and the related state-of-the-art solutions resonate with you, you're the one we're looking for! 🚅♻😉
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What can you expect in the "Train Control" department?
Here, we give life to the vehicles by engineering SW and HW control features. We want our rolling stock to provide a high level of safety and reliability. We want to know about every aspect of operation so the vehicles can perform excellently as a whole. Finally, we seek solutions to reduce energy intensity as much as possible by combing various approaches to onboard energy management.
What can you expect, and what are the specific activities?
This role will involve the design of various control systems in our rolling stock. The process starts with system analysis and design, covering the entire lifecycle of the system development. You will also have your say in module tests.
We develop dynamic systems and their architecture; programming vehicle subsystem features and subsequent integration and testing is commonplace for us.
What do you need to possess to become a part of our team?
- We prefer a university degree in electrical fields, yet we do not brush a skilled person with completed secondary education and experience in the area aside either
- Experience with structured software development (SCL)
- Knowledge of simulations, modelling (UML or SysML) is definitely an added value
- Czech for daily communication
- English or German for daily communication within our global teams
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time