What do we do at Siemens Mobility Engineering?
We have about 350 colleagues in the Czech Republic. Together we develop innovative products for the rolling stock. In addition, we work on global projects, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
If sustainable transport and the related state-of-the-art solutions resonate with you, you're the one we're looking for!🚅♻😉
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What can you expect in the "Train Control" department?
Here, we give life to the vehicles by engineering SW and HW control features. We want our rolling stock to provide a high level of safety and reliability. We want to know about every aspect of operation so the vehicles can perform excellently as a whole. Finally, we seek solutions to reduce energy intensity as much as possible by combing various approaches to onboard energy management.
What will be your responsibilities?
Your main task will be to assume responsibility for the entire diagnostics development process, from creating a diagnostic and service concept to support during the implementation to our rolling stock. For instance, your role will include:
- Clarifying diagnostics requirements with internal and external partners and the customer
- Developing concepts for automated diagnostic tests
- Close project cooperation when setting schedules and complying with costs and deadlines
- Validating diagnostic configurations through tests and analyses of diagnostic data
What do you need to possess to become a part of our team?
- Experience with control SW development or diagnostics engineering
- Knowledge of communication, analytical and other tools used in automation
- Experience with testing, document creation, request analysis, interface specifications
- Czech for daily communication
- English for daily communication and fundamentals of German
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time