Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Scientist II, Applications
Job Location: Berkeley, CA
Siemens Healthineers Molecular division makes the FTD SARS-CoV-2 assay running on our VERSANT kPCR Molecular System provide an automated, flexible and high quality solution to manage the COVID-19 pandemic. We have one of the most sensitive SARS-CoV-2 assays on the market as evidenced by the FDA Reference panel: SARS-CoV-2 Reference Panel Comparative Data
Are you the right scientist to work on Projects with a cross-functional focus as we add more new assays to use our systems and make improvements for increased customer satisfaction and usability? You will be involved in supporting reagent, system, and software development and improvement projects with IVD Molecular Diagnostics systems based on real-time PCR and liquid handling sample preparation solutions. This is a hands-on “at the bench” role and a pivotal role for our Projects to be successful. So you will like to be in the lab and working with automation.
- Regularly runs tests on our Molecular Hamilton based liquid handling system and Thermo Fisher PCR system for various projects. This work will be covered in various experiments and across many projects as scheduled, such as product improvement development as well as sustaining lifecycle.
- Supports the semi-complex planning of experiments, including planning reagents and consumables required.
- Provides support in semi-complex analysis of raw data to determine experimental results Participates in troubleshooting activities and experiments
- Contributes to Software projects as a “applications user” tester
- Assists in development of assay parameters (Test definitions) for use on the real time PCR instrument.
- Participates in Design Control activities: Verification and Validations, testing.
- Learn Design Control documentation- moving to author protocols and reports as required with support
- Works collaboratively in a cross-functional team of Systems Engineers, biochemists, and software developers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in biology or biochemistry or related degree with 2-4 years of molecular biology industry experience. Masters with 1-3 years industry experience.
- Recent experience extracting nucleic acids and running real time PCR.
- Comfortable working with developmental software, hardware and reagents.
- Experience performing data analysis from raw CT results from a real time PCR instrument.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong scientific, communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience modifying or creating testing protocols and supporting documents.
- Experience with testing the suitability of a given PCR instrument, reagent, or sample preparation technology.
- Familiar with statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with SAP
- Working experience in developing clinical diagnostics instrumentation a plus
- Data analysis using JMP software
- Experience with development within regulated environments to support development of IVD –based clinical assays and instruments is highly desirable.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.