Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Diagnostics (DX) business area of Siemens Healthineers comprises three primary business lines—Laboratory Diagnostics, Point of Care Diagnostics and Molecular Diagnostics. DX is a global leader in pioneering technologies that bring clinical and workflow excellence to laboratories of any size through its broad portfolio of IVD testing systems and assays. And through point-of-care testing systems and digital solutions, DX delivers lab-accurate, actionable and timely results on the spot.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head of Innovation Operations
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Head of Innovation Operations for our Center of Diagnostic Innovation (CID), you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Head of CID and lead it to succeed in its mission to drive disruptive innovation and commercialization in diagnostics for Siemens Healthineers
• Supporting the Head of CID in managing the broader team and communicating its mission and vision internally and externally
• Establishing jointly with the Head of CID core operations ensuring smooth daily operation, effective operational and financial procedures and establishing and assessing CID metrics
• Leading daily business operations of the operational aspects of the CID including:
• Leading the activities of the “Operational Management Team” (OMT) of the CID
• Bringing CID’s innovations on commercial pathways including lab testing services, commercial assays and testing platforms
• Operationalization of innovations in the service laboratory of the CID, including launch of laboratory developed tests (LDTs) under CAP/CLIA regulations
• Leading an innovation-friendly quality and regulatory team to establish and manage a quality framework supporting CID’s core mission
• Leading product and project management for successful execution of CID projects
• Develop communications material (presentations and written) to support CID and related projects
• Working with the CID leadership team on constantly striving for excellence, functioning as an initiator to collect and synthesize feedbacks to derive learnings and drive iteration rounds
• Operationally supporting projects as a go-to person for project teams/project champions to consult on innovation process, agile techniques, cross-functional collaboration, entrepreneurialism, and resources
• Communicating and aligning CID’s activities with key stakeholders across the organization, including Laboratory Diagnostics and Point of Care leadership, marketing & sales, strategy and adjacent innovation units in Imaging and Corporate
• Acting as site head for the Berkeley site of CID, and potentially other sites to be added in the US (e.g. San Diego)
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· >8 years of leadership experience in healthcare, IVD (Invitro Diagnostic) or biotech industry
· Experience in people management, managing large scale organizations and excellent interpersonal skills
· Operational experience in leading laboratory, research and development and quality teams
· Understanding of Diagnostics industry specifics and business strategies
· Understanding of the IVD innovation landscape and scientific / technical understanding of corresponding products including software, hardware and assays
· Ability to manage and achieve progress in large scale organizations
· Agile mindset, superior problem solving and critical-thinking skills
· Business execution focus, customer centricity lens
· MBA or PhD/MSc with corresponding business experience
· Existing network with/ overview of research institutes, universities, other technology partners
· Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and leading global teams
· Experienced in projects with high complexity and strategic relevance
· Personality: agile mindset, affinity to take on new challenges
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.