Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Diagnostics (DX) business area of Siemens Healthineers comprises three primary business lines—Laboratory Diagnostics, Point of Care Diagnostics and Molecular Diagnostics. DX is a global leader in pioneering technologies that bring clinical and workflow excellence to laboratories of any size through its broad portfolio of IVD testing systems and assays. And through point-of-care testing systems and digital solutions, DX delivers lab-accurate, actionable and timely results on the spot.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as CID Market Intelligence and Portfolio Manager
Work Location: USA - work remotely
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Market Intelligence and Portfolio Manager for our Center of Diagnostic Innovation (CID), you will be responsible for:
• Working with the Head of CID and key leaders and partners to assess potential innovation projects in terms of the attractiveness of the market, growth rate of the market, and the ability to create a distinctive advantage, such as high market share and competitive leadership
• CID’s innovation portfolio and have oversight of all running projects and the assessment of proposed new projects, using portfolio techniques to analyze and present the projects in a systematic manner to allow the CID leadership to identify relevant adjustments with respect to the composition of the CID’s portfolio
• Providing guidance to the selection of variables and sound indicators that need to be taken into consideration in order to make correct assessment of the projects (modeling key strategic factors in the Healthcare/Diagnostics industry, define criteria to be considered and their weighting and score for attractiveness, provide risk-reward assessment and insights towards the ideal innovation portfolio)
• Lead the CID’s Market Trends Analysis including technology scouting and topical research, leveraging industry news and reports, scientific publications, financial and investment analysis, and social listening data to identify and monitor healthcare and diagnostic innovation trends and other topics of priority to the CID, conducting research on emerging and/or cross-cutting topics of priority for the CID
• Creating effective mechanisms for analyzing, visualizing, and disseminating relevant market intelligence to key stakeholders within the organization, and present topical research and market assessments to key internal stakeholders and inform the identification and prioritization of resulting innovation /strategic opportunities
• Providing direct consultation to key innovation initiatives/projects, engage appropriate stakeholders, develop and validate research questions, collect and synthesize relevant data, develop insights and recommendations
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, PhD/MSc or other relevant graduate degrees a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in market analysis and/or portfolio management; experience within the fields of market research, medical research, or consulting in health, innovation, or related area preferred
• Health care industry or domain knowledge strongly preferred
• Experience in a consulting environment a plus
• Experience in project portfolio management and other portfolio management methodologies is a plus
• Strong experience in developing market intelligence strategies, research questions or hypotheses, gathering and synthesizing data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing actionable recommendations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to communication with stakeholders and different levels of management
• Strong project scoping and management skills, ability to multi-task and manage details while staying centered on the “why” behind projects
• Solid data analysis and visualization skills, comfort with market intelligence tools and databases
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.