Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Product Marketing Manager - Operations Technology responsible for industrial networking products and solutions. This manager will be responsible for growing our industrial wireless portfolio (Wi-Fi 6, 5G, Private Broadband Wireless), and unmanaged and layer 2 managed Ethernet switch businesses. The manager will also be responsible for vertical marketing into the intelligent traffic solutions vertical. The marketing manager will be responsible for driving the strategic approach and business plan for the industrial wireless and layer 2 Ethernet switch portfolios.
This position will report to the Director of Product Marketing and be part of the DI PA DCP product marketing team. Position involves setting business strategy, managing to a business plan, and coordinating with key resources for winning business. The largest metric of success for this position is focused on the successful penetration of industrial networking products/solutions into new customer accounts.
This will be an individual performer focused on industrial networking products and be based in home office. Proximity to Atlanta, Georgia is a positive. This person will collaborate with product marketing, marketing communications, Siemens sales, Distribution sales, DI Logistics an HQ teams.
- Create, execute, and maintain a marketing business plan to drive industrial wireless, layer 2 Ethernet switches, and the intelligent traffic solutions vertical.
- Develop and execute marketing programs to increase awareness and drive demand for the assigned portfolios and verticals.
- Serve in the role of “quarterback” in executing the go-to-market strategy with the network consultants, Siemens sales and distribution partners.
- Develop and deliver “benefits based” sales training to Siemens sales and channel partner sales.
- Maintain and guide the focus product portfolios through the Product Lifecycle Process as well as launch new products into the US market.
- Collaborate with other groups including Customer Support & Logistics, HQ, Marcom, Business Enablement, Siemens sales, Distribution Partners and other Siemens Business Units.
- Collect US market product requirements for assigned portfolios and communicate regional requirements to HQ for consideration in future roadmap development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in product management or marketing is required.
- A strong ability to influence without authority. A person that can assert authority in an indirect way.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. (marketing experience is a plus)
- Industrial Networking technology experience is required
- Intermediate level experience with MS Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Travel Percentage: 15-25% (Once Covid-19 restrictions are reduced)
- Excellent communication skills – working with both marketing and sales this person needs to have great communication skills. Every time there is a shift in product direction, this person needs to explain this to the sales team. They also need to let marketing know which sales materials are needed and which ones are not working.
- Collaborative spirit – this person will be relying on others to complete his/her tasks and projects. This person will be in regular contact with international HQ facilities, with US-based Siemens organizations, and with non-Siemens entities to discuss, understand, devise, and solve challenges.
- Creativity – the Sales Enablement Specialist brings solutions to the table. A lot of times they must think out of the box and look at processes in a new way. This is crucial to increasing overall sales.
- Prioritization – this person wears several hats and many times all “to do items” are priorities. It’s important this person has the ability to prioritize tasks at hand, and this may include shifts in those priorities at any given time.
- Empathy – this person needs to envision what it is like to be a remote sales team member. Basically, put themselves “in the shoes of a sales team member.” If they can do this easily than they will be more successful in their role.
- High degree of professional ownership. In large working groups the potential exists for lack of personal accountability, ideal candidate demonstrates a high degree of ownership and also holds team members accountable.
- Proven ability to work and thrive in a virtual work environment.
- Preferred candidate will reside in Southeast US but will consider other for the right candidate.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.