Role: Manual Software Tester
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Software Tester and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
We make real what matters
- We are seeking a manual tester responsible for testing IoT/Cloud/Web solutions and applications.
- Your primary responsibilities will be to test in realistic environments IoT/Cloud/Web solutions and applications. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases on a thorough understanding of requirements specification and execute the same.
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met before the release.
- Derive write test cases, use cases from scenarios for the new feature additions in the product.
- Anticipate, Identify and collect test data related to test cases if needed.
- Execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Execute functional based test cases and End to End testing of Web application testing from field devices.
- Familiarity with browser related testing.
- Verify the fixed defects and track them to closure.
- Perform Exploratory testing and Sanity testing as per need basis.
- Maintain documentation related to test cases per feature.
- Replicate issues raised by the other teams.
- Being proactive and raising flags when needed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
What you need to make real what matters !!!
- We need an engineering graduate with 0 to 3 Years of industry experience.
- Good networking knowledge would be positive (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience working with PLC systems would be a positive.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS, Azure or other Cloud infrastructure providers)
- Exposure on cloud-centric software deployment including the use of public cloud platforms
- Experience with the key technologies used in the MQTT, 2 years of Solid QA experience in testing Web Application
- Solid knowledge of SDLC, testing life cycle
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with functional testing, automated testing using Selenium or any other language
- Experience working in an Agile, Lean or Scrum development process
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- A team player and a strong individual contributor.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time