Mission of Function
Realizes the functional requirements for effective process automation of mining, metals and cement production facilities based on Simatic PCS 7 process control system. The successful candidate has a passion for problem-solving and learning.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Understands and documents the customer’s functional and performance requirements for process automation
- Designs and engineers the process automation solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Develops software blocks and application software according to the requirements using Simatic engineering tools.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration of system components to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Participates in the acceptance testing and commissioning of the process control system.
- Acts as trusted advisor to customers during sales, implementation and after-sales phases
- Reports to the head of Engineering
- Functionally reporting to project managers
Areas of Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develops functional and detail design specification documentation
- Designs automation and network configurations
- Designs and implements software specifications
- Produces quality control and test procedure documentation
- Produces design documentation
- Proactively manages change and risk during engineering and commissioning to ensure project success
- Stays up to date with latest technology development and trends in process control
What do I need to Qualify?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in electrical or electronic engineering (Degree/Diploma)
- ECSA professional registration strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Simatic PCS 7 process control system (evidence of Siemens-accredited training strongly preferred)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design, development, installation, commissioning of control and instrumentation systems in an Industrial environment, preferably in the mining sector
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an engineering team on larger projects
- Cross-border experience in Africa is an advantage
- Must have experience within a Project Execution Environment
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time