Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Director, OEM Strategic Procurement is responsible for managing the supplier base that provides Siemens Healthineers Point of Care (POC) with finished goods instrument and reagents. The individual is chartered with developing a sourcing strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global agreements with preferred suppliers, and identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives. This key role reports directly to the Head of Procurement within the POC organization.
This is role is well-suited to an ambitious
professional looking for the next step in your career. As a Director, OEM Strategic Procurement you will be responsible for:
- Leading the POC OEM Instruments and Reagents team to deliver key commodity performance indicators including costs savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, purchased volume under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Managing business growth and portfolio changes in the OEM Instrument and Reagent business segment.
- Developing and driving global sourcing strategies for POC instruments and reagents, focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and objectives.
- Acting as the key interface with Siemens Healthineers business areas and internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategies, initiatives and commitments with Business Development, PLM Boards and SCM, for example.
- Aligning team and commodity management processes for identification, qualification and performance management of global strategic supplier base.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement/sourcing experience with increasing global responsibility and experience in a large matrixed company environment
- Strong leadership, people management/development skills
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year-over-year results
- Long term experience working in medical device industry
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with proven capabilities of managing different supplier relationships (collaborative vs. confronting styles)
- Ability to influence without authority to motivate and manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams and drive them to success
- Excellent presentation skills
- International travel experience, intercultural management capabilities and willingness to travel domestically and overseas
- Strategic thinking, ability to formulate strategies, with capability and experience in implementing improvement initiatives
- Proven capabilities in capturing suppler innovation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Driven with capabilities in completing multiple projects with demanding deadlines
- Understanding the importance of process improvements and digitalization that will change internal processes and people management requirements
- Enthusiastic about the OEM Instrument and Reagent business model with ability to motivate people with eagerness and passion, not only within area of responsibility, but also with cross-functional teams to work thorough and achieve shared company goals
- Lean Management or Healthineers Production Systems
- SAP and Supply Chain Management
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.