We are seeking a graduate intern to join our Sustainable Automation Solutions Research Group in Princeton, NJ! Our team is responsible for a variety of exciting projects in Digitalization and Sustainability with Siemens customers throughout the aerospace and automotive industries, and we need your help!The Challenge
As an Intern, you will:
- Work under the direction and mentorship of a principal investigator to develop and enhance Siemens’ offering for Digitalization & Sustainability
- Work with a team of specialists in industrial automation and control to understand customer challenges and produce innovative solutions
- Support software development pilot projects in the aerospace and automotive manufacturing industries (primarily)
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components and algorithms
- Research & implement methods for optimizing production and enhancing sustainability in manufacturing processes (reducing energy, waste, cost, time, etc.)
- Use groundbreaking research findings and technologies to address industry challenges in Digitalization & Sustainability
- Gain expertise using state of the art software development technologies and learn best practices of modern programming (e.g., git, docker, CI/CD)
- Gain familiarity with state-of-the-art industrial automation and control technologies (e.g., Siemens Industrial Edge)
Qualified candidates will have:
- Active enrollment as a Masters/PhD Student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, or a related discipline
- Programming experience in C# is a must, C/C++ and Python are a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio v17 or 19
- A passion for real-world problem solving and a can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Curiosity to ask questions and find innovative solutions to technical challenges
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
At Siemens Technology we are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best..
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.