Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior Application Support Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.
As a Senior Application Support Engineer you will provide technical support to our customers using Siemens PCB signal integrity, simulation and modeling applications. Must be fluent in English as this position will support our North American customers.Main Responsibilities
Provide general application support and trouble-shooting/problem-solving to internal and external customers using phone, screen sharing and email.Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Trouble-shoot software problems and find solutions, workarounds and communicate solutions to customers
- Document software defects in our bug-tracking database and document solutions in our customer-facing knowledge base. Documented solutions often require creation of short videos.
- Providing formal software application training to customers.
- Providing professional consulting to our customers on application installation and setup, creating automation scripts, validating or creating models for our analysis applications.
- Providing professional consulting delivering analysis services and/or creation of custom HyperLynx DRC rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related technical field.
- Familiarity with any PCB design tool such as DX Designer, Xpedition, PADS, Cadence Allegro, Eagle PCB, Altium or others.
- 3 year of experience required with any one or more of the following analysis tools: HyperLynx, SiSoft, ADS, Cadence Sigrity, HSPICE, LTSPICE or HFSS.
- Understanding of DDRx design principles.
- Knowledge and experience with any programming or scripting language highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PCB design problems such as EMI/EMC, signal integrity and power integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to contribute in a remote team environment.
- Ability to document procedures and debugging knowledge.
- Willingness to travel to internal meetings and customer sites.
- Requires the ability to manage and solve complex problems with minimal direction. Job will require multitasking of several complex issues at once, so prioritization ability is essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time