We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our global team of 293,000 colleagues and help us creating environments that care.
Our Supplier Quality department (SI BP QM SQM) is looking for a colleague to ensure and improve the quality of supplied products and services in the electromechanical sector within the Building Products Business Unit. You will act as SQM contact person in cross-functional teams and with suppliers during product qualification and contribute to sustainable problem solving.
Your new responsibilities
- Coordinate product qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements for trade goods in the field of Electromechanical suppliers. Execute effective PPAP processes at Siemens suppliers
- Assure the complaint management process of detected non-conformances, verify root-cause analysis and Supplier Non-Conformance Costs
- Drive the continuous improvement of internal SQM processes and support new technologies (via digitalization, LEAN/Agile management)
- Conduct supplier assessments and external development projects to improve all supplier quality related weaknesses (on site and remote)
- Support standardized supplier qualification process according corporate guidelines (ready-for-business)
- Implement the trade goods commodity and SQM strategy for external manufactured mass products (OEM, ODM business)
Your skills and experience
- Degree in mechanical or electromechanical engineering from a University, Swiss University of Applied Sciences, or an equivalent technical education with several years of experience
- Sufficient knowledge of QM systems such as ISO 9001 and QM methods (e.g. 8D, PDCA, PPAP, APQP and auditing)
- Sound understanding of manufacturing process of mechanical and electromechanical commodities
- Several years of experience in a quality department; specific experience in supplier quality would be a plus
- Openness to contribute to digitalization initiatives (e.g. remote audits/assessments)
- Problem-solving and collaborative mindset within a global Quality Task Force
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to utilize resources outside the quality area via direct supplier contact
- Business proficient in German and English
- Willingness to travel upon request to supplier sites up to 10% of the time (when global situation allows)
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either