We are currently seeking a Research Scientist in the field of Verification of Intelligent Systems. This person will research novel methods to verify and proof the safety and performance of intelligent systems, generate patents and publications, and guide Siemens businesses releasing industrial-grade quality intelligent systems to their customers. A strong background in formal verification methods, and a good practical understanding of machine learning and software engineering will help the right person succeed in this role!The Challenge:
- Develop methods to ensure AI reliability and safety; enable Siemens businesses operate AI in industrial environments
- Drive AI quality in factory automation, energy, smart building, and mobility use cases.
- Guide Siemens Business Units to build reliable, performant, scalable, and maintainable systems that include machine learning components.
- Participate in performance evaluations and root-cause analysis with business partners to improve their system characteristics.
- Scout state-of-the-art verification technologies for machine learning and software engineering.
- Contribute to and lead research efforts to advance formal verification topics for industrial scale and demonstrate their use and introduction for operational application.
- Perform development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.
- Publish and present novel ideas and techniques at selected journals and conferences.
- Lead and support government funded projects
Qualifications for the role:
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required
- Minimum of four years of post-graduate academic or industry experience in formal verification or verification of AI
- Strong theoretic background in formal verification of neural networks
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning applications
- Experience in evaluating and improving the performance, scalability, reliability, and robustness of intelligent systems.
- Experience with standard software development processes, methodologies, and best practices (including requirements analysis, software architecture and design, and testing)
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills; need to explain sophisticated ideas and methods on multiple technical levels
- Strong publication record
- Proven understanding of real-time, embedded control, or automation systems is a plus
- Experience with scientific proposal writing
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 172 years. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in operating and strategic companies: Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Siemens Mobility, Siemens Gamesa, Siemens Healthineers & Siemens Energy. (see also http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/).
Siemens Technology plays an important role in this as a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides pre-development (aka research) services, prototyping, technology evaluation and assessments as well as technology consulting to all of Siemens’ businesses.
We help business units discover new business ideas and develop them into software solutions and successful products. Our research results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. Moreover, the team pursuits government funding opportunities, often in collaboration with top academic partners.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best!
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.