We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The Global Category Manager is responsible for total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of the assigned Categories, mainly Plastics, based on defined material scope. The area of responsibility is set according to the highest pooling level achievable on Business level. This is a strategic role where you will have the scope to own the category area with the responsibility of creating and implementing strategies in line with the wider procurement aims of the business. You will push cost reduction programs across a wide region through the implementation of best practice of procurement activities. In this strategic role you will adopt and drive a continuous improvement mindset whilst delivering best-in-class Procurement solutions for the business.
Your new responsibilities
- To own the category area with the responsibility of creating, communicating and implementing strategies in line with the wider procurement aims of the business.
- The organisation, monitoring and measurement of Pooling and Procurement activities in a virtually managed global team with the objective of establishing the optimum purchasing conditions and strategic supply base to best serve the company
- The negotiation of global frame agreements as well as price negotiations utilising advance negotiation concepts.
- The strategic relationship management of a diverse set of suppliers with activities such as awarding’s, regular evaluations, risk management, claim support, contract management, etc.
- You will adopt and drive a continuous improvement mindset whilst delivering best-in-class procurement solutions for the business.
- You will push cost reduction programs across the organisation through the implementation of best practice of procurement activities.
- To represent Building Products in the Siemens purchasing councils (PUC)
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years in-depth strategic procurement experience with proven knowledge of Category Management
- University degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering or an equivalent education/experience.
- International experience specific to participation in cross-functional teams and negotiations with suppliers.
- Ability to think strategically, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), understanding of change management, creativity in problem solving and business-esults oriented.
- Ability to work across regions and functions
- Fluency in German and English (speaking, reading and writing)
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time