Change the future with us.
Our sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They never wait; they take the initiative. They turn “Sounds interesting” into real contracts that pave the way to new business opportunities. Join our team, and we’ll give you the most updated information and the independence you need to act and make decisions autonomously, making you into a trusted partner in customer relations.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers eight times, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers in 2018, one of Canada’s Best Employers for Young People in 2020 and one of the Greater Toronto Area’s Best Employers in 2021.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Regional VP of Sales, the incumbent will be actively involved in developing and conducting Production Machinery sales strategy to ensure sustained regional growth. The incumbent will assist account managers when selecting products and solutions in accordance with customer needs. The incumbent will also be in charge of developing new business opportunities in his or her area. The incumbent will act as technical expert for this product portfolio.
- The Production Machinery Sales Representative will stimulate sales growth by strengthening relationships with existing customers to generate new business opportunities while building relationships with new customers. This will be done by developing sales strategies and leveraging all available resources to produce optimal results;
- Develop and maintain his or her product portfolio expertise;
- Provide their expertise to the account managers and their customers, along with the company’s distributors;
- His or her grasp of value-added services will be vital when establishing partnerships with customers to better understand their needs while providing them with advisory technical solutions. The incumbent will take special care to exceed customer expectations while acting with a sense of urgency. His or her specific responsibilities will include, among others:
- Identifying, qualifying, exploiting and maintaining a sufficient volume of business opportunities to reach organizational objectives regarding orders and targets;
- Efficiently anticipating and evaluating customer needs to provide productive consultations;
- Designing and preparing business proposals;
- Maintaining a specific sales volume in the Customer Relationship Management System (and other internal systems) while creating forecasts and gap-closing measures;
- Remaining abreast of industry changes and, if possible, obtaining membership to industrial and professional associations while continuously seeking to improve sales-related techniques and knowledge.
What will you need to succeed?
- More than 5 years experience in technical sales, business development or consulting in production machinery and/or automated production unit
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge of production machinery and/or automated production unit and their applications;
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering, or electro-mechanical engineering, or a similar discipline;
- Proven sales, customer service and communication skills;
- Experience with, or ability to learn, technical and financial estimation tools;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
- Teamwork and leadership abilities;
- Good presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time-management skills and motivation;
- Results and target-oriented working methods;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of French (written and spoken);
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting standards in how we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us; what we create belongs to you.
Making a difference together, we have raised $757,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 23 non-profit organizations and planting 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada employs 2,500 workers from coast to coast and operates 24 offices and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. What are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.