Siemens Materials Attendant A
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team!
Moves freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docs, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand, use of forklifts, or other equipment
- Reads transfer orders or receives instructions to determine work assignments and material needs.
- Examines contents received or ready for shipment and compares them against documents for accuracy.
- Loads, unloads, and stacks materials and products with or without the use of lifting devices (e.g. forklifts, cranes, jacks, etc.).
- Moves products, materials, and parts between loading, processing, storage and shipping areas.
- Operates material storage equipment, towers, and carousels.
- Picks/gathers materials and/or parts according to transfer/production orders.
- Assembles boxes, crates, or other containers according to product or material dimensions.
- Packs, seals, and labels, products or materials for shipping.
- Weighs materials or products on scales or other measuring devices.
- Drives company vehicle to transport parts and materials to and from plant locations.
- Annotates on documents and/or enters information on computer system to receive, route, transfer,
- confirm, track, and ship materials and products (e.g. transfer orders, return to stock, etc).
- Prepares and prints pertinent documents (e.g. bills of lading, packing lists, delivery notes, etc.)
- Attaches identifying tags to finished products or marks them with identifying information.
- Communicates with Purchasing department to rectify problems (e.g. damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications) dealing with vendors.
- Performs cycle counts of materials and parts periodically or as needed.
- Performs forklift serviceability checklist and recharges forklift batteries as required.
- Performs minor assembly as needed.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills, and the use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 75lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Must be at least 18yrs of age
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.