Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Our Siemens ITS business is offering a number of exciting opportunities to join a newly forming team who are responsible for ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) asset management and maintenance services in the Sydney Road Asset Performance Contract (SRAPc) River Zone.
We are looking for an ITS Technical Lead in the Rydalmere area of Sydney, NSW. The ITS Technical lead is responsible for providing expert technical support to service delivery teams. This role is a key technical expert as part of our contract to provide services for the Sydney Roads Asset Performance Contract (SRAP River Zone).
Key responsibilities, but not limited are:
- Reviewing maintenance activities and ensuring technical specifications are followed and understood, and that works are being delivered as efficiently as possible.
- Acting as key technical liaison for all ITS asset classes in the region, supporting our service delivery teams, customers and special projects.
- Control of Sub-contractors on site as part of maintenance works and special projects, ensuring they meet our standards of performance, quality and health and safety.
- Supporting service delivery teams with the assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects. Also working with the supervisory staff to develop efficient methods of working.
- Have regular customer contact, to establish feedback against current works and, also, to gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities.
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- Oversee a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the SRAP River zone in accordance with current local standards, guidance, and best practice.
- Be responsible for the technical project management of each allocated project
- Be responsible for technical approval of traffic engineering schemes before delivery to customers.
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications.
- Analyzing performance data, developing improvement plans and support the preparation of monthly customers reporting in the areas of technical compliance, EHS, contract performance, KPI’s and other key metrics.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
- Experience of working on a wide range of ITS and specialist knowledge of Traffic Signal Controllers and ITS products and systems.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience – able to guide, mentor and direct staff on site
- Previous experience of testing of electrical equipment in a road environment.
- Previous experience with improvement projects and innovation.
- High level of communication skills will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers one to one and in a presenting role.
- Driven to improve the performance of the contract with a focus on improving utilization, waste, and customer satisfaction.
- Desirable experience in Traffic signal fundamentals and TfNSW SPECIFICATION D&C TS101
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Projects
- Must hold full Driving License
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
Siemens Share Options Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time