Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Our Siemens ITS business is offering a number of exciting opportunities to join a newly forming team who are responsible for ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) asset management and maintenance services in the Sydney Road Asset Performance Contract (SRAPc) River Zone.
We are looking for an ITS Logistics & Repair Centre Lead in the Rydalmere area of Sydney, NSW. The ITS logistics and repair centre lead is a key contract support role responsible for the management of the Siemens ITS logistics and repair centre. The logistics centre is being established to support the service delivery for the ITS component of the Sydney Roads Asset Performance contract (River Zone).
Key responsibilities, but not limited are:
- Receiving and unloading of stock from suppliers, couriers, and technicians.
- Picking and issuing of stock as detailed on all dispatch notes, to service technicians, internal depots, and customer sites.
- The moving and storage of all stock in and out of the warehouse environment, in a safe and tidy manner, and which is also in-keeping with the company’s health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure the filing of all documentation relating to goods receipt and dispatch manifests, are kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Be responsible for carrying out continuous stock checks and maintaining minimum stock levels
- Notify management of any stock and process related issues that become apparent on a day-to-day basis.
- Working closely with suppliers and OEM’s to achieve best value outcomes in relation to cost, delivery times, stock control and warranties.
- Define & Implement repair strategies to maximize product life cycles.
- Investigate manufacturing related product failures, collaborating with our ITS technical leads and with internal and external customers to identify failure causes and corrective actions.
- Locate faults in equipment under test and rectify where possible or initiate corrective action, recording fault diagnoses and rectification as necessary.
- Recording of tests results or technical investigations as required. The position requires the ability to draw conclusions from such tasks, be able to recognise trends of failure modes and make recommendations for improvements or resolution.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role.
- Experience in fault finding, testing and repair of electrical ITS components.
- Knowledge of SAP desirable, or a similar stock management system used for ordering and managing materials in a warehouse environment.
- Familiar with the process of receiving and checking goods in and out of a warehouse operation inc.
- Ability to order picking and packing of goods.
- Current forklift license desirable.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse or Goods receipt/dispatch environment.
- Experience of working in a team environment is essential.
- Previous administration and co-ordination experience are desirable.
- Ideally a good understanding of Transport for New South Wales (RMS) ITS standards/specifications.
- Previous experience providing logistics and repair support to ITS Maintenance contracts is an advantage.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
Siemens Share Options Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time