- First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own, although you have the experience to know that a winning product requires an entire team.
- Love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy pair-programming and working across teams to solve hard problems.
- Agile development is second-nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our ceremonies.
- Strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
- 2+ years of industry experience developing large-scale applications
- In depth knowledge of Python, or similar backend language
- Experience with SQL and working closely with databases
- Experience managing ETL process using tools such as Airflow
- Experience with Django, or similar server framework
- Expertise in service-oriented architectures; ideally, you've developed APIs for both internal and external-facing services
- Knowledge of Vue.js or/and Angular
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring services to ensure the application is behaving as expected
- You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Cordova, Android, iOS development
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations
- Any experience working with platforms for Big Data or Machine Learning solutions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time