Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years
of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated
colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high
quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the
globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in
the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and
molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is
what truly matters to us..
The Customer Service (CS) organization is the central interface to our customers via local, regional and headquarter service functions. CS strategy “from Onside to Online” aligns the service delivery of Siemens Healthineers towards the digital future.
Our team drives critical support for healthcare equipment in their goal to raise the clinical excellence, operational efficiency and financial profitability of healthcare providers. Our global presence and technology expertise in technical IT network and application support makes us the partner of choice for Siemens Healthineers in-vivo and in-vitro diagnostics businesses and external companies.
Our CS organization is currently looking for an experienced Technical Support Specialist II for our Hoffman Estates, IL facility.
The Technical Support Specialist II will play a critical role in serving as the first-level point of contact for incident, configuration and problem management for our healthcare and external customers. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of directly relevant experience in an IT support/administration environment, preferably in healthcare. He/she is also bi-lingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese. 8 weeks of training will be provided to our new hires.
- Serve as the first-level point of contact in providing expert technical IT network and/or application support for healthcare internal and external customers.
- Provide support to customers experiencing application workflow or technical issues by displaying an in-depth level of understanding of the customers’ clinical workflow.
- Use troubleshooting techniques to analyze and resolve customer technical IT Network and IT Security issues as assigned.
- Effectively analyze, document and resolve most technical issues independently.
- Use troubleshooting techniques and skills to make the necessary content management to customer infrastructure and ensure information integrity.
- Interface to other location, scheduling the local team, identify and implement the necessary measures together with functional lead and / or In-Country manager.
- Position is REMOTE*
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate Degree in IT or related field; Bachelor’s Degree a plus, but not required
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in a technical support or administration role in software, hardware, networks databases, and/or desktops
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese
- Extensive knowledge of network administration, LAN, WAN protocols (TCP/IP, IPSEC, Firewalls)
- CISCO certificates CCNA and/or CCNP, a plus
- Prior experience within the healthcare industry, a plus
- Highly-motivated team player with strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- To effectively manage a global customer base in different time zones, we request candidates to have flexibility in working hours (between 6.00am – 6.00pm).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.