What part will you play?
- High responsibility in shaping and driving research activities in the context of industrial connectivity, with focus on network virtualization, orchestration, and constrained-latency and reliable communication.
- Close interaction and cooperation with researchers of many different domains and with all Siemens businesses: Digital Industry, Smart Infrastructure, Mobility, Healthineers, Energy.
- Researching novel connectivity designs, generating intellectual property, and realizing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Definition, setup, and contribution to German and European funded research projects
- Selection and supervision of students and PhD students
- Deep technological expertise in (industrial) communication and networking technologies, such as Time Sensitive Networking, Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization
- Ph.D or Advanced degree with several years of research experience in the domain of network communications
- Intensive Hands-on experience with virtualization techniques, docker containers, VMs , etc. and their connectivity, especially for linux based systems
- Software engineering, testing, and integration experience in (non-)production setups
- Good knowledge of at least one system language (e.g., C, C++, and/or Java) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Preferably experience in setting up and executing publicly funded R&D projects accompanied by a strong own network in the research community
- Good overview on trends, external markets, and developments in the area of connectivity, edge- and cloud-based technologies and solutions
- Very good communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English) and comfortable to operate in teams.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time