Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the center of everything it does? Come and join a company that Glassdoor ranks as one of best places to work in the UK!
We are currently recruiting for several fantastic opportunities in our Health, Safety and Environment function at Siemens Mobility. We have opportunities for Advisers and Managers working on very exciting projects supporting our Rail Infrastructure business across different locations in the UK – London, Croydon, Birmingham, Chippenham and Glasgow.
Due to the nature of the roles, there will be an element of travel UK required, as well as occasional requirements to work nights and some weekends, therefore we are looking for someone who can adapt their working week to support the needs of the business.
What are your responsibilities?
You will champion, facilitate, and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety, and environmental risk in every area of the business. You will act as an expert advisor and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence.
As a Manager, you will lead and proactively engage in developing the project or functional team and equip them with the skills and behaviours necessary to support a proactive and engaged approach to HSEQ management.
What qualifications and experience will you need?
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environment processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Experience of using a range of tools and techniques to drive continual improvement
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- Experience of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
Minimum requirement for Advisor:
- Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability
- Qualification in second discipline
- Qualification in Internal Audit
- Membership of a relevant professional body
Minimum requirement for Manager:
- Level 5 or 6 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability
- Qualification in a second relevant discipline
- Lead auditor qualification
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience of people, talent and performance management
- Positive leadership, coaching and influencing skills at all levels
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time