Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Ultrasound Customer Service Engineer
Job Location: New York Metro, NY
The Customer Service Engineer is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens imaging equipment at customer sites. Our CSE's represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer. Our Customer Service Engineer will perform service, preventative maintenance and modifications on Imaging Equipment (US) at customer sites with minimal supervision. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
• You support incident repair by mobile phone, applications, ticket system, e-mail and/or onsite representation to communicate and ensure rapid customer service response.
• You prioritize problems and follow escalation guidelines with prompt attention to internal and external requests while ensuring the highest adherence to safety and regulatory procedures without fail.
• You demonstrate high degree of technical expertise for software, mechanical, electronic, and/or operational aspects of designated Siemens Healthineers medical devices; you can positively communicate forecasted and actual repair responses for market customers.
• You internalize Siemens’ Principles of Healthineers with an individual, focused effort to improve the organization as a team to GROW customer and peer loyalty.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Minimum Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience
· Experience in testing, repairing, and maintaining capital equipment
· Strong electronics and computer background needed
· 3-5 years of field service experience.
· Following integration period as determined by Service Management, role requires weekend work and 2nd and/or 3rd Shift. Also, willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required.
· Required to live in the New York Metro Area which consists of any of the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island or Westchester County; any area covered by the Bargaining Unit geography.
· Strong customer service and communication skills
· Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
· Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
· Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
· Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification.
· This is a Union position; following a one year probationary period, Union Membership is a requirement of the position.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and experience:
· Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment, preferably medical imaging equipment
· You have 3-5 years experience within service/installation of the related Healthcare systems portfolio.
· Technical or university diploma/degree in clinical science or equivalent in a relevant life sciences subject, or equivalent education and work experience. Qualifications in related field in medical devices will be an added advantage.
· You have knowledge of Clinical/Scientific Workflow within the customer environment is advantageous
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions (TRE dARE) USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.