At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Sales Data Analyst- SISW- EDA-246017Job Location: United States, Fremont, California
Job Category: SoftwareData Analyst, Software Sales and Service
Siemens EDA is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.Job Description:
This role will support the advancement of advanced analytics and performance management for global sales and services. In this role, you will help formulate and guide multifaceted analysis and studies against a large and disparate data architecture to provide more effective and efficient performance reporting. This role will require the interpretation and analysis of sales data using exploratory methods and next-practice analytic techniques to be able to present meaningful information to senior executives to drive better business decisions. In addition, to help facilitate this reporting, you will also be tasked with data management which is key for having proficient and resourceful data to utilize. It will include identifying and creating an architecture to support the distribution and management of data elements relevant to the sales and services business. You will be working with functional experts across the business to analyze problems and formulate solutions facing the growth of the EDA software business.Role Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer level deal analysis
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiments against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
- Works closely with business units, IT teams, and other necessary departments to develop strategy for long term reporting and data platform architecture.
- Research and develop functionality and processes to support data management and structure
- Using advanced data processing methods, compile data to help boost performance and utilize datasets to provide efficiency in developing reports and analytics for the business
Reporting, Analysis, & Insight: Measures, analyzes and reports results to support informed, fact-based business decisions which drive improved performance and results across multiple sales channels and product divisions. Perform ad hoc analysis for major sales initiatives and programs. Develop, socialize and report consistent assessment of historical performance and variance for forecast accuracy. Develop sales leadership dashboards, PPT presentations, etc. to communicate results in a succinct, easy-to-understand manner, to all levels of the organization.
Sales Performance: Use modeling and quantitative analysis to serve best in class planning/forecasting for worldwide subscription orders, supporting effective decision making. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in sales, finance, marketing, product division and across the entire company. Remain detail oriented while keeping high level insight in clear focus. Use data to build credible insights into planning trends and to influence the overall sales planning/forecasting process to better serve accuracy and drive revenue growth opportunities. Move beyond compiling of data to service the ‘why’ behind the numbers.
Infrastructure & Architecture: Identify and develop an infrastructure to maintain data for the sales and services and manage the analytic reports and dashboards created to support the organization. This includes distribution, security, and access.
Communication & Presentation: Synthesize complex data into easily understood and compelling management reports and performance dashboards. Act as a trusted advisor and leader when creating presentation material regarding the performance of the business. Credibly establish a level of confidence with senior leadership and cross functional partners.Required Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a data analyst or data scientist role
- Experience supporting a software sales organization in a sales operations or data analytics capacity
- High level of analytical ability with experience coordinating complex decision-analysis
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., SAP BI, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Skilled at developing & presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
- Proven business partner capable of influencing others
- Data extraction / manipulation: Business Objects, Alteryx, Knime, Excel, or similar
- Reporting & Productivity tools – Tableau, Qlikview, Mendix, and similar
- Collaboration & Repository tools – SharePoint, MS Teams, HighSpot
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Business, Mathematics, etc.); MBA preferred
- A passion for independent learning and personal development
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and to instill confidence
- Meticulous attention-to-detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to internal policies/ processes / procedures and changing direction of a task/project
- Outgoing, professional and articulate; great customer & communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable and heavily resourceful in solving issues
- Amiable, professional and enjoys daily interaction with peers and client groups; natural ability to form professional relationships with all levels and departments within the company
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.