Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Fire Service Sales Team Leader to grow our Fire portfolio in the Los Angeles area. Reporting to the Fire Service Sales Manager, this position is a hybrid-role with sales and management responsibilities with direct reports. The Fire Service Team Leader is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota, capture new market share, grow the fire business, and support management for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This position is based in Los Angeles branch located in Cypress, CA.
- Lead a team of sales professionals responsible for selling Fire and Life Safety products, projects, MAC work, and service contracts tailored to meet our customers’ requirements.
- In addition to sales leadership responsibilities, this is a working sales role which will directly interact and sell Siemens solutions and services to the customer and will have their own individual quota responsible for.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports (P&L) and expense tracking.
- Managing employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals.
- Reviewing proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Assisting employees in determining market price, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Promote team-selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Providing input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Actively participating in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Maintaining trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy.
- Executing and refine strategy to build relationship with the engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Required experience: Three years or more sales experience in the Fire Protection Industry
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Sales Force
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred local industry knowledge
- Preferred 3+ years of fire industry related experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.