This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
Are you up for the challenge? Please come join our team!Responsibilities
- Design building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical wiring drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules. Design IP networks and setup parameters for field installation. Also, automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels and third-party integration devices.
- Analyze plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most efficient solution. Act as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Generate DDC point database and terminal equipment software on projects. Provide start-up and checkout documentation for use in commissioning and validation. Prepare engineering re-estimate and follow up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepare all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Order and track all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
- Participates in sales to operation turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Participates in initial job site walk through for retrofit projects with contractors and/or building management.
- May perform some field activities as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of Lighting Controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of IP Network layout or setup is a plus.
- 1-2 years engineering /systems or other related experience in DDC design is a plus
We offer a competitive salary, a matching 401K plan, generous Paid time off, profit sharing and full health/life/vision and dental plans.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.