Mechanical Product Engineer – Productivity Improvement
The Mechanical Product Engineer is part of the dedicated Point of Care (POC) Productivity Improvement team. Productivity team is responsible for coordinating cost savings activities for all POC in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments, consumables and accompanying eco-system products. The successful candidate will work closely with Design Control, Manufacturing, Quality and Service to implement cost reduction projects for blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
- Support supplier change and retooling efforts by ensuring the robustness of legacy design documentation
- Identify the root cause(s) of anomalies utilizing structure problem solving methodologies
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to identify technical and business risks associated with design and process changes
- Perform engineering analysis and establish test plans to demonstrate product designs meet performance and safety requirements
- Complete engineering documentation required to support assigned projects
- Schedule and lead cross-functional meetings to coordinate planning and execution of design change projects from concept to Manufacturing implementation
- B.Eng or M.Eng in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 10+ cumulative years of work experience in a product development or sustaining engineering role required
- 5+ years work experience in the medical device industry or other regulated industry preferred
- Strong history of value analysis / value engineering focused on driving cost savings efforts while meeting quality and manufacturing needs.
- Proven ability to design injection molded components with a minimum of 20 parts designed and implemented into production. Experience interfacing with molding suppliers for design for manufacturability and problem resolution.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is a must
- Proficiency with leading MCAD software tools is a must, SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Exhibit a bias toward action, balanced by strong analytical decision-making skills
- agile methodologies and statistical techniques is a plus
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthineers India LLP
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time