Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The incumbent provides support and guidance to respective Line Managers and
employees regarding the practical application of the EHS management system. Ensure
the effective planning, organization, control, monitoring, review and maintenance of the
preventive and corrective measures in his/her area of responsibility. Support the
organization in embedding responsible culture and attitudes towards EHS
- · Support the Bid/Engineering team in budgeting of EHS requirements during tendering/design stage .Support SCM team in selecting right contractors based on their EHS capabilities (qualification evaluation by site visits), incorporating relevant clauses (as per type of work) in the contract agreement and later conducting periodic EHS evaluations for Contractors. Support on EHS expertise during purchasing of PPE, machines, material, tools, etc.
- · Support Engineering/Design/SRE team with EHS inputs needed during designing of products, Factory expansion, process changes or any other related changes to plant and machinery.
- · Support Plant Manager and location HR in liaison with authorities for necessary EHS legal requirements.
- · Planning of EHS related resources, procedures, EHS targets/objectives etc. along with Production Team during various phases of manufacturing/operations.
- · Ensure periodic meetings with Contractors are conducted at the time of performance evaluation and follow up.
- · Report legal non compliance to Plant manager.
- · Prepare/review hazard identification and risk assessment/method statement for all work activities of factories and office/s.
- · Support department heads with the resources required for their smooth functioning, implementing ZHC@Siemens initiatives and taking up escalated issues with INP IST management /GP G Division EHS Head for resolving the same. Consider EHS aspects during procurement. Maintain list of vendors with their evaluation scores and LoDS.
- · Prepare internal audit plan and communicate to all auditees. Conductinternal IMS Audits/ coordinate with QM colleagues for the internal/external audits.
- · Follow up to ensure closure of all audit findings in RC-IN EHS Dashboard/Quentic Tool. Up to date maintenance in all respects as per therequirements of ISO 45001 2018 & ISO 14001 2015 for certification
- · Prepare the EHS slides for monthly/weekly progress review and actively participate in such reviews. Compile the EHS data required by Factory Manager/GP G Division EHS Head for any adhoc review/visits. Compile monthly EHS data and complete the reporting as per Country, SE India & HQ requirements before the deadline.
- · Prepare the SESIS reporting and ensure mapping and tracking of all necessary compliances in the KOMRISK tool on time.
- · One visit per month and as required in case of crisis situation to GP SV Division Workshop. Conduct EHS assessment/review of processes or previous audit/conduct training/ awareness, review of environmental protection initiatives etc. Support GP SV Division for ensuring healthy EHS performance.
- · Conduct incident/UA-UC investigation/analysis for Factory. Communicate analysis results/incident trends to all stakeholders.Plan and conduct EHS Training programmes for management employees and contractors individually & in collaboration with SITRUST Team or external agencies.
- · Organize EHS awareness programmes/workshops for Contractors associated with the BU. Prepare the improvement roadmap/development plan along with process owners/SCM. Monitor the implementation status.
- · Conduct EHS performance evaluation for Contractors and programmes for competency building of factory and Office staff.
- · Identify the EHS training needs for all employees/ contractors. Conduct trainings independently on the topics identified. Plan and conduct trainings from internal or external experts.
- · Continuous EHS communication across the BU by sharing best practices,incident learnings, alerts and names of best department/individuals. Use ofYammer as collaboration and best practice sharing platform. Handholding of contractors and shop floor engineers to ensure required
- · EHS processes and safeguards are in place. Communication of PMP targets and review during Factory rounds.Plan and conduct shop floor visits individually and along with Factory Manager/BU Head/Safety committee members. Organize monthly safety committee meetings.
- · Support GP G Division EHS Head as & when required on implementation of various EHS initiatives under the Country EHS/SE India EHS Roadmap and GP G Division business needs.
- · Support HM Team in implementing Healthy@Siemens initiatives.Drive ZHC@Siemens and EP initiatives planned for the year.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Diploma/Advance diploma/degree in Safety/ Master in HSE , Degree/Diploma in any branch of Engineering or Bachelor of Science.
- The Candidate should be preferably fluent in local language (Gujarati) and Hindi
- language, having worked at Factories at least for 15 years in production, maintenance,
- facility management and as independent EHS in-charge for 5 years. People
- Management experience for at least 5 years.
- Detailed knowledge of all EHS requirements and OH&S and Environmental management system.
- Adequate knowledge of EHS Procedures applicable for project sites. Familiar with best EHS Practices in industry
- Hand-on experience in handling major Fabrication and heavy lifting, Able to independently conduct EHS audits, EHS Training, Hazard Identification Risk Assessment, and pre-construction EHS planning.
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time