Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is looking for a senior financial analyst for its Digital Solutions business. This is a unique opportunity to learn and excel at government contracting, software revenue recognition, project accounting and general financial analysis. As the senior analyst, you will provide financial transparency and partner with operations managers and business unit financial counterparts to drive growth and profitability.
- Develops smart reporting to easily identify revenue and cost variances from plan
- Timely delivery of reporting with high quality and accuracy, providing comments to allow for corrective action where necessary
- Prepares and analyzes financial reports for sponsor BUs and segment management
- Partners with operations management to plan for and review expenses and absorption
- Ensures revenue recognition guidelines are documented and consistently followed
- Analyzes profitability across various dimensions and presents opportunity for improvement
- Reviews balance sheet activity to ensure proper accounting
- Forecasts segment revenue, profit and cash flow
- Ensures segment accounting is compliant with Siemens FRGs and accounting standards
- Leads and participates in segment process improvement projects
- Supports internal and external audits as required
- Prepares slides and presents financial results to CFO and senior leadership
- Ensures compliance with Government Accounting, Siemens FRGs, IFRS and US GAAP in relation to accounting & financial reporting
- Supports proposal team for bid reviews regarding financial topics
- Drives finance digitization efforts at SGT with a focus on the DS segment
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of experience relating to Financial Analysis
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form
- Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
- Good understanding of Government contracts, FAR and CAS
- Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP principles
- Experience with supporting implementation of ERP systems
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.