Mobility in the United States is in the forefront of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs. We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (CV2X) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a Senior Traffic Systems Engineer to join our growing team in Austin, Texas or Miami, Florida.
You will be part of an Engineering team during project implementation and guarantee meeting customer satisfaction and business goals. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering. The Senior Traffic Systems Engineer will report to the Head of Urban Systems Engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Computer Science Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
• 7 - 10 years of experience in working for Engineering Consultants or Government agencies
• Basic understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, and CV2X technology
• P.E. license a huge plus
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Relocate to Austin, Texas or Miami, Florida
• 25% travel within the U.S.
• Provide ITS and Traffic Engineering consulting services
• Active deployment of ITS solutions including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and CV2X technology
• Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, detection devices including loops, microware, radar and video
• Configure Road-Side and On-Board units for CV2X deployment projects
• Support ATMS and Central software deployment and integration tasks
• System Network Design, system acceptance testing, and system Installation & Commissioning
• Improve and refine the development strategy based on the product roadmap and goals
• Work with customer Project Manager to ensure complete and on-schedule project delivery
• Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
• Enable future product options and build bench strength for long-term growth
• Generate project specific technical system design, system architecture, scope definition, and concept of operations to meet/exceed customer requirements together with R&D, Product Management, and other Engineering teams
• The candidate will work with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners to successfully deliver projects based on customer requirements and PM@Siemens guidelines
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.