Siemens Mobility is looking for a Project Lead Engineer in Rail Electrification Infrastructures, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will take in charge the design and the development Railways solution for Italian market.
In this role you will involve in projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. You will perform project design management activities (defining design for RFI Substation 3kVcc and 25kVac and resource management activities). You will also supervise, advise and empower the engineering team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of multi-functional teams.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us! You get the right conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you handle in the short term?
- Lead the project team and the engineering activities, operating and technical interface with the customer and as coordinator of the Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure engineering team (which includes internal and external resources)
- Plan, execute and control hardware and software engineering activities on Rail Systems and on LV Drives, both at Siemens premises and directly at the customer sites
- Guarantee the accurate execution of the projects in terms of quality, on time delivery, and project budget
- Support external suppliers on HW/SW engineering and documentation
- Lead and execute internal tests and factory acceptance tests
- Participate in the commissioning and in technical site assistance
- Provide technical support to the sales unit for the development of proposals of revamping/upgrades and spare parts
- Travel to Customer sites is required.
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will have the possibility of becoming the responsible for the Engineering Department in Siemens Mobility.
Who are we looking for?A candidate with the following features:
- at least 5 years’ experience in the design of substations and SSE, in HV / MV, including SSE for conversion and 3kVcc distribution, on Rail Infrastructure
- High level technical education (Master Degree in Engineering, with preference for Electrical or Electronic engineering);
- Registered in the orders of Italian Engineers
- Fluent English and Italian written and spoken
- People Management Experience (preferred)
- Good background and demeanor in Information technology solutions applied to industrial applications, in order to actively support the ongoing process of digitalization of the provided services and of development of advanced services proposals, including remote support and diagnostics
- Availability to travel for short or medium duration missions at local and international level
- Excellent result orientation
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing culture to the latest generation thinking and practice
- Supporter of a consistent company wide approach to continuous improvement
- A facilitator of cross disciplinary Engineering activities in complex and commercially challenging environments
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers
- Pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking.
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded.
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training.
- Flexible Welfare programs and Health insurance that can be extended to your family.
- Shareholding plans for the employee.
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance.
- Meal totally paid by the company.
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.Contacts
For further information or questions you can contact:
Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4, 20128 Milan
About Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time