At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: SISW-Siemens EDA-246352
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical/Thermal Engineer
Job Location: US- NC- Cary
Job Category: Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in the development of hardware for the FPGA prototyping solution at Siemens EDA (formally Mentor Graphics). Looking for a candidate that has thermal and server chassis design experience. Product ranges from 1RU to 10RU sizes. Involves system level thermal design focusing on forced air, liquid and immersion cooling technology. Chassis and PCBA Level mechanical design tasks will also be required. Responsibilities will include designs, analyzes, development, evaluate, and test. Conducts feasibility, design margin and validation analysis and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Leads and/or assists in architecture development and assessment. Responsible for addressing thermal challenges in support of system designs. Will be part of a Cross functional team that include electrical, FPGAs, software, and marketing.Job Qualifications:
Minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in ME or equivalent
- 8+ Years’ Experience
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (Solid works preferred)
- Proficiency in CFD Software (FloTherm Preferred)
- Experience in mechanical and thermal architecture of electronics packaging design
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall mechanical/thermal leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution.
- Experience using spreadsheets to analyze engineering data (tolerance analysis, FEA, FAI/CPK)
- Solid verbal and written presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Creative problem solving, with experience in failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE creation
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.