Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible to further enhance the Building Products (BP) supply chain planning processes to understand, plan and define demand and supply, ensure continuous supply aligned with demand, and balance service, cash (inventory), cost and capacity. The Supply Chain Planner will be monitoring statistical forecasts while also creating assumption-based forecasts to support the monthly SIOP process, communicating changes to the forecast assumptions, and ensuring that the monthly forecast is then turned into an effective supply plan to meet business objectives. The Supply Chain Planner will own and drive forecast accuracy performance to achieve targets and to optimize inventory levels. In addition to forecasting, the Supply Chain Planner is responsible for monitoring and managing continuous automated processes such as replenishment processes utilizing appropriate toolsets, automated purchasing and alert monitoring. Escalation of any supply chain issues impacting core KPIs will be expected.
- Create & maintain Product Portfolio/Family level and aggregated overall business demand plans (volume) for next rolling 18 months.
- Build up forecast assumptions, including product transition, trends and large projects.
- Lead in monthly SIOP meetings to understand macro/micro drivers that could impact the demand plan in the short or long term.
- Exception handling (delivery blocks, customer order scheduling, etc.) and product allocation in collaboration with product management, procurement and order management along with proactive communication across the organization
- Ensure product availability, delivery capability and reliability (customer/supply) for best in class service to customers through monitoring and adjusting to demand
- Generates supply plans for International internal mfg. sites and suppliers to assure optimized replenishment of BP finished goods. Gives guidelines for productions planning/material sourcing to internal plants and external suppliers, domestic and international.
- Continuously optimize inventory towards customer requirements and inventory turns through advanced planning methods, proposals for scrapping and other improvements within the operational supply chain
- Own and drive improvements against the defined KPI’s, including delivery capability, forecast Bias, MAPE, and inventory turnover.
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases, vendor invoices and production planning issues.
- Participate on taskforce team where accurate and timely data analysis will be required
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / Logistics, or related discipline
- 1+ years’ experience in demand / material / finance or business planning
- Experience with an Advanced Planning/Decision Support Systems such as: SAP APO, SAP IBP, Oracle Demantra, JDA Demand, JDA Enterprise Planning, Kinaxis, etc.
- Expert Analytical Skills
- Expert Excel skills (formulas, pivots, charts, etc…)
- Superior decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to collaborate across functional areas that include Strategic Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Logistics Distribution.
- Can easily adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
- Possess skills to influence people in their opinions, attitude or judgments to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Experience with high volume, short lead time products
- Desired working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Certification by APICS as a CPIM or CSCP, IBF as a CPF, or S&OP Certified Professional
- Familiar with Lean Principles
- Experience with SAP
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.