We are currently seeking for a Repair Procurement Specialist within our Siemens Mobility Customer Services Operational Procurement Team. The position will be responsible for the order management and execution of repairs for our Light Rail Vehicles, and Main Transit Lines Business.
The position will work closely with suppliers issuing purchase orders and requesting return material authorizations to/from approved suppliers in order to maintain preferred stock levels. This individual will align with our Strategic Procurement team to monitor supplier performance, supplier quality and standard lead times as we negotiate terms and conditions. This position will assist the strategic procurement team in executing commodity strategies at a tactical level.
- Executes complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases
- Works closely with the suppliers on necessary paperwork and information to request return material authorizations
- Works closely with materials personnel to ensure shipments to supplier are completed both virtually and physically in a timely manner
- Updates project plans and
purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for
domestic and international purchases
- Defines, communicates and tracks scheduling, risk, change, opportunities and resource management
- Gains alignment on project prioritization and requirements
- Works with cross-functional business partners as well as Supply Chain Management (SCM) network
- Track the vendor's progress against the original and/or revised schedule
- Responsible for effectively communicating with cross-functional team members on project status and Supply Chain Management tasks
- Review and target supplier delivery improvements and late order resolution
- Works in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality, sales team, project logistics and warehouse personnel toward improving total cost of ownership of products/services
- Leverage existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to identify best management practices, improved procurement processes and other continual improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 3 years relevant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand/communicate technical data with suppliers as well as internal personnel
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to handle stress and make decisions in a challenging environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.