How can you help us craft the future as a Maintenance Mechanic D
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will operate multiple machines within the warehouse, building a variety of parts!
What will the responsibilities?
- Complete corrective maintenance repairs and perform preventative maintenance of production equipment such as CNC machines, conveyors, ovens, and other production related equipment.
- Complete project work assigned which can be electrical or mechanical in nature.
- Operates tools and equipment common to mechanical, plumbing, welding, and electrical trades. Troubleshoots hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical control
- Nature of work involves mechanical, which can be precision in nature and electrical as that comparable to industrial electricity.
- Manage planned/scheduled repairs as well as unplanned emergency repairs.
- Trouble Shooting involves a large amount of day
- Mechanical repairs include the following but are not all inclusive: Machine repair, hydraulic repairs, and pneumatic repairs
- Trouble Shooting involves a large amount of day
- Electrical repairs includes the following but is not all inclusive: Industrial electrical controls, working with 3 phase up to 480 volts, PLCs, safety circuits, servo-motors, encoders, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot a breakdown by reading an electrical schematic and tracing through relays and contactors to find source of problems.
- Upkeep maintenance records (e.g. issued tools, preventive maintenance, event logs, work requests etc).
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Perform other work as directed by Supervision.
What are the required knowledge, skills & experience?
- Associates degree or 5 years work experience in field
- Industrial maintenance environment preferred with strong emphasis on industrial electrical skills.
- Electrical Certification preferred but not required.
- Blue print and schematic reading experience
- CNC machine experience is a plus, but not a requirement as long as machine repair experience skillsets are transferrable, which many are.
- PLC; control logic; and understanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and welding concepts.
- Basic shop math, computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Work standing for the duration of the shift
- Reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material and make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.