The Technical Support Engineer provides engineering guidance to the Amtrak maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens ACS-64 electric locomotive fleet. This includes advising on routine maintenance, restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, and modifications and repairs.
- Provide first-line technical assistance to the Mechanical Maintenance department for unscheduled repairs on locomotives including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, and highly complex technical troubleshooting on locomotives
- Perform remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution using proprietary web-based technology.
- Develop a working rapport with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Assist with running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Document troubleshooting steps in the Salesforce web application. Verify that all defects, tasks, and /or incidents have been reported for tracking, compliance, and closure
- Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
- Work with the Technical Support Team Lead and the Service Manager to escalate trouble call and ensure the highest quality standards are met following Siemens Rail Systems
- In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform Material transactions to support the locomotive fleet as needed
- Comply with all applicable Track and safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture (ZHC) and speaks up when necessary as a stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
- Be a Team Player and an integral part of our growing Siemens Technical Support team, aiding and supporting the team and our client with positivity, integrity, and dedication to the Customer
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical and mechanical work.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to review and resolve email requests; communicate and escalate issues using sound judgment and self-initiative and deliver the highest level of technical and customer support.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills using schematics
- Moderate knowledge of Windows platform and office suite
- Basic knowledge Linux network troubleshooting
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.