We demonstrate our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
This position is responsible for legal support to Siemens Energy business – with focus on both infrastructure projects and industrial products – as well as litigation, regulatory and compliance issues, real estate, and framing company policies at a corporate level. Work shall include providing legal support for Siemens Limited India and other legal entities.Come, Change the future with us!
- You will be responsible to provide professional and proactive support to management, business and project teams on contract review and contract & claim management. Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of domestic and international commercial contracts (including NDAs, consortium agreements, pre-bid agreements, supply and purchasing agreements, work contracts, framework agreements, service level agreements, government contracts etc.) with large public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors. Also, will support business and project management teams to formulate business strategy on contract and claim management issues towards customers, consortium partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provide practical and solution-oriented legal advice in a timely manner on commercial legal queries on a wide variety of legal issues (including contract law, sale of goods, competition law, insolvency law etc.) on a regular basis.
- Handle, strategize, and advise on all litigations (civil and criminal) and the dispute resolution process. Responsible for appointing, coordinating and strategizing with external lawyers across the country for all litigations, the dispute resolution process and related topics. You would prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings and represent the company in legal proceedings through external lawyers.
- Responsible to build standard templates of various types of agreements and conduct trainings on various legal topics for business, corporate and legal colleagues. Involved in advising and render legal support to all group companies, corporate departments and business units on various topics such as IT, CSR, communications, compliance, human resources, procurement, real estate etc.
Additionally, your role would also from time to time include the following:
- Guiding management, business, and project teams on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Handle expectations of multiple business partners at all levels within the organization.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!Desired Qualifications & Traits:
- You have a law degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with at least 8 years PQE.
- You have preferably worked with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
- You have experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts. Additionally, experience in regulatory and compliance issues as well as real estate matters would be an advantage.
- Good Legal writing skills (English), good communication skill, a problem-solving approach and a dedicated attitude.
- You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. Also, should be open too occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.
Make your mark in the cool & exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Gurgaon, Haryana. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 190+ countries. Last but not the least we're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time