Siemens Healthineers is on a mission drive the Healthcare transformation will help provide hospitals and patients with better care and outcome. In this role, you will be part of the worldwide development of efficient, outcome-driven and more personalized healthcare service delivery.
We are looking for research and development scientist who are passionate about innovative use of the latest graphics, rendering and animation technologies in the healthcare space. He/she should deeply care about the impact and usability of the application and overall system to the end users, and is attentive to details when it comes to application and system design, performance and code quality.
What are my responsibilities?
- Perform innovative translational research and development in advanced graphics, animation and visualization solutions
- Design, implement and test rendering and animation engines on real world data, translating grounded theory into practical solutions.
- Design and development web/desktop/cloud, 3D/4D/AR/VR visualization applications and components
- Benchmark, optimize and refine implementation into high performance solutions
- Test, benchmark and validate implementation against specifications
- Analyze and present technical recommendations and results
- Liaise with internal customers and external collaborators
skills are needed to qualify for this job?
- Masters or PhD in Computer Graphics or equivalent relevant discipline required. Masters level with relevant background or experience also acceptable.
- Deep knowledge in latest rendering and animation techniques such as Real-Time Ray Tracing, Machine Learning in Computer Graphics, Image Synthesis, Physics-Based Animation, and Lighting Design
- Proven track record in hands-on development of rendering or game engine implementation in common graphics programming languages, e.g. OpenGL, GLSL, Vulkan, CUDA, and C++ on Windows, Linux.
- Proven knowledge in inner workings of Nvidia/AMD/Intel GPU architecture and pipelines
- Proven ability to create advanced graphics and visualization content using systems such as Unreal, Unity, iClone, Maya, Adobe Creative cloud etc., including programming own shaders and plugins.
- Proficient in graphics programming in a web environment using WebGL, WebGPU, or data visualization web packages a big plus
- Ability to develop graphical mobile applications with SwiftUI/ Swift on iOS / Java on Android a big plus.
- Proficient in daily use of git repository, change management systems, artifactory, deployment pipelines such as those available in AzureDevOps, GitLab or Github.
- Deeply cares about best software engineering practices and code quality, including adhering to sprint plans, good coding conventions and tooling, clean interfaces, test coverage, performance benchmarking, and performance optimizations and software security
- Ability to quickly prototype components to confirm design trade-offs and subsequently translate to robust specifications and product quality components
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills in English a must.
- Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.